Revival is the restoration of spiritual vigor. It refers to the reawakening to the path of God’s love from a state of stagnancy. Through this revival, the believer will redevelop a love for God, start appreciating His holiness, have a passion for His Word, develop respect towards the Church, be aware of their sins, ingrain humility, and have the desire to repent for the sin. Through this, the believer will grow to become righteous.
Often there are instances we are under the charm of the world and fail to realize that everything is a facade. These situations push us away from God and force us to fall upon the wrong side. The wrong side consists of evils like tardiness, selfishness, envy, and lifelessness. Through revival, a believer comes out of the clutches of these evils and starts following the path of revival. It generally involves starting fresh without any traces of the past or past activities. It invokes a deeper truth about life and makes us shy away from the evils prevailing within us and in society.
Why Do We Need Revival?
The downfall of humans has resulted in the need for revival. This has also triggered a desire to restore a relationship with God. Here we have listed a few reasons why we need revival.
- There are people who are in spiritual apathy or backsliding. To these people, revival is the perfect way to deepen their faith and spiritual fervor. It is the time when individuals or different groups experience a greater awareness of God.
- Revival is associated with a call to repentance where the believers realize, acknowledge their sins, and turn away from them. Through revival, people can attain a renewed sense of the lord’s mercy. This will lead to collective transformation across all spheres of life.
- Through revival, one can revive and rekindle their faith in God. We can restore the passion within individuals and groups. Revival helps to restore the true love for God, His Word, prayer, and a desire to live and practice according to His holy teachings.
- Revival involves supernatural manifestations. It is associated with physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. The power and presence of God are evident during the revival and this leads to healing and restoration in life.
- Revival is seen as a catalyst for evangelism and the spreading of the Christian faith. Through revival, people experience the transformative power of God in their lives. They become effective witnesses and ambassadors for Christ. This leads to the growth and expansion of God’s kingdom.
- Revival can bring a positive change in the society. Revival has the power to shape the values, ethics, compassion, and morality of the people.
These reasons reflect the belief that revival is a divine intervention, bringing about a restoration of faith, spiritual awakening, and transformative power that revives and renews individuals, communities, and society as a whole.
Where Do We Find Revival?
Now that we know why we need Revival, let’s see where we can find it. Revival can be found in various contexts and settings within Christianity.
Here are some common places where revival can occur:
Revival can occur within individual local churches. It starts with a renewed seek for God’s love and a desire for spiritual growth. To help in achieving this revival, Churches can organize services, prayer meetings, or other focused worship. It can spread from one person to another. This will lead to a transformative experience and renewed sense of God’s purpose.
One notable method to experience revival is revival meetings and conferences. These gatherings bring together believers from different churches. It features dynamic preaching and focused times of prayer. Revival speakers may share personal testimonies, teach revival principles, and create an atmosphere conducive to encountering God’s presence. These meetings aim to ignite the passion towards God and equip individuals for revival in their personal lives.
Prayer Gatherings and Intercession
Revival can also be sought with dedicated times of collective and individual prayer. Believers can come together for extended seasons of intercession. Here, they seek God’s face, confess sins, and cry out for revival. Prayer groups, or even virtual prayer communities can foster an environment of intense prayer and spiritual seeking. It creates a stable ground for revival to occur.
Personal Devotion To God
Revival can happen in the hearts of believers who seek God’s presence and revival in their personal lives with utter devotion. Through personal prayer, worship, and the study of the Holy Scripture, believers can cultivate a hunger for God, invite the Holy Spirit to work in their lives and experience personal revival. The revived individuals can spread their passion and devotion to their family, friends, and their community.
Revival does not limit to churches or other gatherings. It extends beyond that to impact the entire community or the nation. It has been experienced as a large movement where multiple churches seek revival together. These types of movements involved group efforts. It can be city-wide, region-wide, or nation-wide.
However, please remember that it is ultimately the work of God’s Spirit and cannot be orchestrated by human efforts alone. While these kinds of practices can create the necessary environment, it is God who initiates and brings revival among his believers. Believers are always asked to be prepared for revival. God’s work will bring about revival in the followers.
About Breath Of The Spirit
Breath of the Spirit is a holy spirit ministry renowned for its depth in spreading the message of God. Founded by Dr. Michelle Corral in 1978, she acts as the President and Pastor of the holy spirit ministries. Dr. Michelle Corral has devoted her life to spreading the word of God and helping the world to become a more acceptable place. She also looks over the Chesed Hope for Humanity. It is an international missionary dedicated to humanitarian projects across the world.